Conditions of Entry
Entry to Avantidrome is based on your full agreement with these basic Conditions of Entry*, which have been designed with everyone’s safety and comfort in mind. Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person, and to remove from the premises, without refund, any person who violates any of the conditions listed below. We also reserve the right to inspect any bag and/or articles of clothing via screening equipment and/or bag search checks. No ticket refunds or exchanges will be provided in case of violation of these conditions.
* Restrictions may vary from event to event, so please check the event website for the event you will be attending for any additional notes or conditions that might apply
- Obey instructions from our uniformed staff (includes event volunteers) at all times.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a responsible adult while on the premises.
- The movement of customers within our premises is monitored by CCTV cameras. You may also be photographed for training or promotional use. Rights to all such footage stays with Avantidrome.
- You may only occupy the area and / or seat indicated on your ticket.
- Do not attempt to enter a restricted area.
- Climbing on barricades and crowd surfing are not permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No parts of your body must extend through the outer perimeter fence of the track.
- Extra care must be taken to ensure no food, drink or any other items fall onto the track.
BEHAVIOUR & ETIQUETTE
- Drink responsibly: Anyone intoxicated or using drugs will be removed from the building without recourse.
- Use of smartphones or other devices must not cause distraction or annoyance to others.
- Unruly and antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, verbal/physical abuse of staff and other customers, attempting to enter a restricted area, climbing, defacing, littering, throwing objects, blocking thoroughfares or fire exits.
- Personal effects such as coat, bag, umbrella, so long as they can be carried with you or easily stored under your seat.
- You take responsibility for any permitted personal items you bring to the arena. We do our best to return lost property, but we are not liable for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Phones and other such personal devices (please see Etiquette note above)
- ipad/tablet, laptop.
- Camera policy varies from event to event, but usually small, non-professional type cameras may be brought to events)
- Registered Guide Dogs, mobility equipment.
- Alcohol in any type of container
- Bottles, cans, glass containers
- Gang patches or colours
- Firearms, fireworks, flares, laser lights
- Weapons of any kind, mace, tasers
- Illegal substances
- Musical Instruments, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, sporting equipment
- Marker pens, spray paint, tagging equipment
- Signage and promotional products
- Animals other than guide dogs
- Professional-type cameras & other video or audio recording equipment (this may vary from event to event – please refer to the event website page for details).
- Commercially branded food and drink (eg, fast food)
- Steel-toed boots
- Selfie sticks
A NOTE ON ALCOHOL
Following are the only accepted forms of ID for the purchase and consumption of alcohol:
- A valid passport
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
- HANZ 18+ card
Alcoholic beverages must not be taken in or out of Avantidrome
You may not supply alcohol to anyone under 18 on our premises.
Anyone intoxicated will be removed from the premises and will not be re-admitted
To ensure the safety of all riders on the Avantidrome and a pleasant experience for all who visit, please respect and adhere to the following track rules
- Helmets must be worn at all times whilst riding
- Please dismount and walk through reception area and tunnel
- Every rider is required to sign in at reception and pay before entering the track
- Please do not change anything other than seat height on Avantidrome hire bikes
- Only riders, coaches, officials and helpers permitted in the track centre. Spectators welcome upstairs
- Entry to the Life Fitness Zone area is restricted to gym members only
- Children under the age of 13 must be actively supervised by a responsible adult while on the premises
- Obey instructions from our uniformed staff (includes event volunteers) at all times
- Unruly and antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, verbal/physical abuse of staff or other customers, attempting to enter a restricted area, climbing, defacing, littering, throwing objects, blocking thoroughfares or fire exits
- No music devices or cycling computers that are mounted (so as to be visible to the rider) are to be used when on the track
- No chewing gum permitted
- No spitting please
- No glass
- No animals other than registered guide dogs
- No alcohol in any type of container
- To coach on the Avantidrome you must be a Cycling New Zealand (CNZ) Accredited Coach
- Applies to all classes / sessions
- Coaches are required to register with reception
- Information for upcoming coaching courses can be found on the CNZ web site https://www.cyclingnewzealand.nz/find
- Only Bikes designed to ride on the velodrome are permitted (Track Bikes only)
- Aero Bars are not to be used in any bunch, group type riding on the Avantidrome
- Aero Bars can only be used for specific TT & Team Pursuit training
- Aero Bars cannot be used in and Avantidrome Fitness Classes
- Computers that are mounted (so as to be visible to the rider) are not to be used when on the Avantidrome in any class or session
The movement of customers within our premises is monitored by CCTV cameras. You may also be photographed for training or promotional use. Rights to all such footage remains with the Avantidrome.